Departmental Honors at Graduation
All students, on graduation, are automatically eligible for University Honors; these are determined solely by grade point average, and are described in the University Bulletin. English majors who want departmental honors in English must have a grade point average of at least 3.5 in all English courses at CSUSB and must, in addition, complete a two-unit course, English 517, which involves writing a substantial paper and presenting it to faculty and students at an honors colloquium.
Sigma Tau Delta Honor Society
Purpose of Society:
The CSUSB Chapter Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society, seeks to:
- Confer distinction for high achievement in the study of English language and literature at California State University, San Bernardino;
- Promote interest in English and American language and literature at California State University, San Bernardino and in the surrounding community;
- Foster the discipline of English in all its aspects, including creative and critical writing;
- Promote good fellowship among its members; and
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence.
Qualifications for Membership:
Membership is by invitation only extended to students chosen on the basis of superior scholarship, as reflected both in their college grade point averages and the quality of their departmental coursework in English. To be considered for membership, a student must be enrolled in an English program at California State University, San Bernardino, and have completed a minimum of three English courses at California State University, San Bernardino at the 200-level or above.
Faculty Sponsor, Prof.David Marshall