Checklist for Applicants
1. ___ Apply for admission to the University (you must do this even if you are currently a CSUSB undergraduate). You can apply online. Be sure to specify both our program and your desired concentration on your application. You will be required to provide the Admissions Office with transcripts from all institutions of higher education you have attended; PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS TO THE M.A. PROGRAM, as this will delay your application.
2. ___ Print copies of the "Recommendation Waiver Form" available on this website, complete the forms, and give them to three individuals capable of commenting upon your aptitude for graduate study. Ask those individuals to supply letters of recommendation accompanied by these forms to the coordinator of your desired concentration, OR collect the letters from the individuals in sealed, signed envelopes, and submit them with the materials in #3 below.
3. ___ Submit to the coordinator of your desired concentration (NOT TO THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE) the following materials:
- A writing sample (5-10 pages); and
- A statement of purpose (1-2 pages) explaining your interest in our program and how our program is appropriate to your future goals.
4. ___ When your application has been sent to us for program review and we have received your three letters of recommendation, your writing sample, and your statement of purpose, we will be able to reach an admission decision. You will be informed of this decision by e-mail. If you do not hear from us within one month of our receipt of your completed application and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, please contact us.
5. ___ Attention international students: There are additional documents required for international student applications. For information about these requirements and forms, please see the International Student Status information on the Admissions and Student Recruitment website.