- Worksheet for the English Major (use to plan your class schedule and when meeting with an adviser)
- 2016-2017 Schedule of Classes for English Majors (Updated February 3, 2017)
- Road Maps for the Major
- Descriptions of variable topics courses
- So You Need a Letter of Recommendation: Here's What You Need to Know
- Link to online University Bulletin (Course Catalog)
- Link to Academic Scheduling: online class listing
- Link to Directed Self Placement (DSP) for First-Year Composition Courses
As soon as native students (those who have attended CSUSB from the freshman year) declare English as their major, they will be required to obtain advising from the English Department through a registration hold. Another hold is placed on their registration when they have taken 55 units of coursework. For transfer students, this requirement will take effect as soon as they are admitted.
Help with advising:
- Students should bring a copy of their PAWS report to any advising session during the quarter. Most advising for undergraduate English majors can be done on a “walk-in” basis.
- Check the list of faculty advisers posted on this page and on the bulletin board outside the department office (UH 334).
- Advising is also available from EPIC (English Peer Information Center) for undergraduate English majors. EPIC is located in UH 301.49 and its hours are also posted on this page, outside the department office, and outside EPIC’s office. Some EPIC hours occur in the College of Arts and Letters Advising Office, UH 203).
- Advising is also available from the College of Arts and Letters Adviser, Sara DeMoss.
Winter 2017 Advising
- EPIC (English Peer Information Center) Advising:Winter Epic Schedule
- Faculty Advisers: Winter Faculty Schedule
- Online Advising: Submit an online advising request during the weekly window (Tuesday 8 am - noon) and receive a response via email from an adviser within two days.
- College of Arts & Letters Professional Adviser: Sara DeMoss
Office: UH-203; Phone: (909) 537-3802; Request an Appointment